Provides frontline service to EAC/ECRC students, employers and community.
Engineering Advising Center (EAC) & Engineering Career Resource Center (ECRC)
The EAC provides academic services and support for first year and undeclared engineering students. Our mission is to empower new undergraduate students to take ownership of their academic and personal development, connect with resources and opportunities, and transition successfully into the Michigan Engineering community.
The ECRC assists our community of engineering and computer science students chart successful careers from their first day on campus through and beyond graduation. We also connect employers with highly qualified candidates in all engineering disciplines through events and networking.
- Assist visitors/callers (students, employers, parents, staff, faculty) with a variety of needs related to advising and career resources
- Respond to questions about courses, scheduling, departmental programs, campus resources, resumes and job search
- Positively represent the EAC/ECRC and College of Engineering (CoE) to our community
- Assist with evening EAC and ECRC events (on occasion)
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned
- Pay for this position starts at $11/hr
- Position is a one-year commitment (paid training in April 2019, work late August – April 2020) with the possibility for continuation.
Time Commitment: late August 2019 through April 2020, with mandatory training in April 2019
- Commit to a regular weekly schedule between the hours of 11am-3pm during the academic year (ideally 8-12 hours/week)
- Fall semester will run from September – December (when school is in session)
- Winter semester will run from January – April (when school is in session)
- Adhere to the rules and regulations posted in the First-Year Handbook, CoE Bulletin, and the Honor Code, as well as the ECRC Job Search Code of Ethics, and ECRC Policies and Practices
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and team spirit
- Previous customer service experience
- Enthusiasm for UM and CoE
- Desire to positively impact the CoE community
- Undergrad engineering and computer science students (all majors welcome)
- Work-Study students encouraged to apply
If you are interested in becoming a Customer Service Specialist, please follow the instructions below to apply. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
- Application deadline: Sunday, February 17
- Within Engineering Careers, seek Job# 57523 (Customer Service Specialist) and click “Apply” to submit your cover letter and resume
Interviews for this position will take place in March 2019. If you are invited to interview, you will be notified via email and asked to schedule an interview date and time via Engineering Careers.
If you have questions about this position or the application process, please contact Sarah Watkins (firstname.lastname@example.org).