Declaring Your Major

How to Declare


  1. Contact the advisor for the Engineering program of your choice.
  2. Request an appointment with the program advisor to discuss declaring.
  3. Review your academic report with the advisor.
  4. Declaration request is approved or denied.
  5. If you are accepted into the degree program, the program advisor will submit your declaration form.

It is highly recommended that students declare an Engineering degree program by the beginning of their second year. After you declare your Engineering program, you will have a new academic advisor in your department, and will meet with him or her for all of your advising.