Apply to be an Orientation Peer Advisor
Orientation Peer Advisors lead incoming first-year undergraduate engineers through the summer orientation process by facilitating conversations on the student experience, and supporting the registration process.
- Lead groups of new engineering students through the orientation process
- Present workshops on time management and involvement
- Facilitate discussions with incoming first year CoE students about the college experience
- Support students with scheduling, backpacking, and course registration
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, including projects linked to students’ development interests and office need
- Pay for this position starts at $11/hr
Time Commitment: late May through August
- Participate in required training (May 20 – May 31)
- Commit to a regular weekly schedule of 16 – 32 hours per week during summer orientation (Jun 5 – Aug 3)
- Adhere to the rules and regulations posted in the First-Year Handbook, CoE Bulletin, and the Honor Code
- Position is a summer commitment (May 2019 – Aug 2019)
- Orientation Peer Advisors receive first consideration for future EAC/ECRC roles
- Must be an undergraduate engineering student graduating between Dec 2019 – May 2022
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and team skills
- Enthusiasm for the University of Michigan and the College of Engineering
- Desire to positively impact other engineering students
- Work-Study students encouraged to apply
If you are interested in becoming an Orientation Peer Advisor, please follow the instructions below to apply. Please note that it is necessary to complete both steps below in order for your application to be considered.
- Apply by Sunday, March 17.
- Complete the Orientation Peer Advisor supplemental application form.
- Within Engineering Careers, seek Job#57525 (EAC Orientation Peer Advisor) and click “Apply” to submit your resume
Interview Process. Interviews for this position will take place in March-April 2019. If you are invited to interview, you will be notified via email and asked to schedule an interview date and time via Engineering Careers. If you have questions about this position or the application process, please contact Mark Collyer (email@example.com).